Re: How do you compare published abilities without numbers?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 19:27:14 -0000

> I think this question might belong on both lists: how do HQ2 authors
help readers compare characters and anything else that would have an ability or keyword, if there are no numbers assigned to them? Feel free to respond wherever you think is more appropriate.

Maybe I am completely missing the point, but why would you need to? If you want to say that Harrek the Beserk is impossible to fight against, just give a contest involving fighting him an impossible difficulty factor. If Temertain is easy to persuade, make persuading him easy. If it doesn't matter, then use the pass/fail cycle - if the players have lost every contest for twenty consecutive sessions amd are getting discourage and now they face Harrek, make it easy. If they've won every contest in row since god knows when, make it near impossible to persuade Temertain. NPC stats just don't figure in.

Or am I completely missing the boat?

Jeff