Re: Misapplied Misapplied Worship Rules?

From: Richard Develyn <Richard.Develyn_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 15:13:08 +0100

The question, ISTM, is whether this misapplication is objective or subjective.

If it's objective then we're into God Learnery things and I'll leave that one well alone (for now).

If it's subjective, then the penalties happen because you *know* you're doing the wrong thing, but you're doing it anyway because you have to. I think that's fair enough.

Though I would have thought that, in time, you'd either change the way you do magic, or you'd discover an identity of the thing you're worshipping/venerating/whatever which fitted your magic system. So I would be surprised if misapplied worship went on for many generations - though I guess some people can get things wrong for a very long time...

Richard