Re: How do you compare published abilities without numbers?

From: Ian Borchardt <iborchar_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:06:45 +1030

I like Chris' suggestion for ranking NPC's abilities. The actual number added is unimportant (and is subject to GM fiat anyway), but some sort of established scale of abilities would be very very helpful  (ie, give "good", "excellent", "best", etc actual definitions). Even if individual NPCs are given a one-word definition of the nature of their character ("legendary", etc).

Because there is a lot of sandbox play in my campaign, with individual players in separate sessions (unless they join up for a while), setting the difficulty to player ability is not really a viable option due to the lack of consistency.

Ian

--
Ian Borchardt    (iborchar_at_...)
Philosoph, Fool, and Magician