Re: Re: How do you compare published abilities without numbers?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:21:54 -0500

Matthew, I am quite sure that isn't the point of the game. At the same time, i know people who would try to do that - even while enjoying the more narrative structure of HQ2 - we humans are endlessly wacky.

Laurent

Matthew Cole wrote:

Concerning this passage:

"(Especially because I suspect the players would start just learning the table and starting contests they expect to lose to line up the big contest to be an easy one.)"
Robin's advice also covers this (from memory). Pass/Fail is intended to go generally in the direction of Pass but not on a strict 2 pass for 1 fail rota. Guessing what's next in the cycle, whilst initially an entertaining sport is not really the point of the game.