Re: HQ with a d12 [was genre & setting for HQ2]

From: Ian Young <ian.d.young_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 02:04:56 -0000

Message to self: Don't try using Yahoo's beta Rich-Text editor.

As I've tried writing a couple of times over, I got to thinking about your proposal as the sun was rising this morning, and it makes pretty good sense -- masteries roll over at 10s, 11 is a crit, 12 is a fumble. It maintains the same increased odds at the extremes as my d12 scheme, but adopts a simple base-10 scale (sorry Little Twelvetoes). I rather like it.

Anyway, I've begun using it in lieu of buying the new Mouse Guard RPG. It makes for a nice, easy system for a simple (but not simplistic) background.

!i!