Re: Gloranthan Magic in the new rules

From: continuum2008 <Continuum2008_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:11:57 -0000

In the HeroQuest rules there are no 'augment only' abilities.

However in the Gloranthan section and carried over into the Sartar Book there may be that if you do not initiate into a religion you can only augment with a rune.
I am not too sure as I have read a few different versions of the magic rules so it could still be there.

I always have, and always will, allow PCs to use any ability or rune they have as a direct ability. It will be broad and not very well defined unless you spend points on it, but you can use it directly if you wish to in my games.