Re: Re: Relative resistances and narrow/broad abilities

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 19:27:34 -0500

  Matthew, if you are going to tackle explaining this, here's somewhere you can start.

How does pass/fail intersect with this "base resistance" idea?

Also, is this base resistance increasing every 3 sessions a suggestion? Some core of the new system? Are you supposed to adjust it depending on how fast your players are progressing?
I would assume any game in which you started with different values, you would obviously adjust this, but your question makes it seem like it is a fixed expectation, applied mechanically without any input or judgment from the narrator. (This surprises me.)

LC