Possession of Runes

From: mouserampant <richard.crawley5_at_...>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 13:34:16 -0000

I understand that in Glorantha under HQ 2.0, Rune affinities are, for Theists, something you are. Sorcery users can learn the secrets of Grimoires (that are something you know and are linked to Runes) and spirit magic users can have spirits (something you have) that themselves are linked to particular Runes.

This seems to me to imply that a beginning Theist will have his three rune affinities whereas a beginning Sorceror or Spiritist will have none. This is part of what makes them different and antagonistic to each other, yes?

What then is the position of a user of one of the other two magic systems brought up in a Theistic culture? Does a member of the Cerise Church who intends to become a Lunar Sorceror begin with Rune affinities? What about an Orlanthi who is called to the path of the Kolating shaman?

Help on this would be useful as I'm starting to run HQ with my twin sons and Jamie wants to play a Shaman within our Orlanthi setting.

Richard C