Re: The merits of relative and absolute resistances (HQ1 and HQ2)

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:30:26 +1100

2009/3/10 Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>:
> I have been very direct in this post and apologise for lack of subtlety or
> any offense. I intended none, I hope to assure.

Nope, not at all. I'm personally very much in favour of playing things as they were intended and while I think it's a bit of a loss of some "explanatory power" to shed statistics wholesale I appreciate that if this is critical to the design then there you go. I had just wondered if that was indeed the case.

In my own games I already use a flexible resistance system (although to call it a system is to give it too much honour I think!) so it's not particularly jarring to me - although the old style "adventure" will probably have to have its format reconsidered and be a lot more wordy than before.

Regards,

P.S. Why is everyone hating on the Big Model?

--
John Machin