Re: The merits of relative and absoluteresistances (HQ1 and HQ2)

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:22:17 -0000

> Narratives, Keywords, 100-word descriptions and all the other bits of Heroquest are great. I'd much rather play Heroquest than Runequest, but if the "Experienced" Orlanthi Weaponthane is supposed to be a better swordsman than the "Vetran" Lunar Guardsman I'd rather that be reflected by the numbers assigned to their skills than by trying to compare different adjectives...

FWIW, I assign Hard or Very Hard resistance difficulties when you are dealing folk who are supposed to be really good at what they do, Moderate for folk who know what they are doing, and Nearly Impossible for the folk who are Nearly Impossible to beat. I find that extremely easy to do in practice (and sometimes move things up a bracket or down a bracket based on the needs of the session).

Jeff