RE: Starting APs

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 19:18:44 +0200

>I think we must agree to differ now. I'm not happy with the idea that you
>would defend against a JOBs Confusion attack with your sword. I prefer
>(choosing my word carefully, here) that you defend with something else but
>then use your sword when it's time to attack.

Depends on how you view what the Defender's action actually is. I see it as an attempt to thwart the Actor's action (by whatever means). If the Actor tries to confuse you, i see it as a perfectly legitimate action to thwart his attempt by poking him with a pointy thing; if you poke him soundly he'll have trouble finishing his confusion attempt.

I'm not saying it'd be an action unmodified by the actual situation; quite the contrary, as i've plainly illustrated by now.

Lest someone accuse me of advocating 'violence is always an option', i'll note that i also find it a perfectly legitimate action for the Defender to try to thwart the Actor's attempt to skewer him by using mental or emotional abilities like 'peaceful', 'make friends' or 'calm'.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]