Re: Re: The merits of relative and absoluteresistances (HQ1 and HQ2)

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:33:49 -0400

ttrotsky2 wrote:

>HQ1 is my system of choice. It may not be perfect, but it's quite
simply the best RPG I've played, and a far better fit for my personal tastes than HQ2.
>It's a real pity that some people feel the need to knock it.

I love HQ1, it got me back into RP and introduced me to Glorantha (which I remain fond of, even though I have primarily used HQ1 for other things.) At the same time, there were aspects that never quite fit me well. I remain deeply curious about HQ2 and hope it doesn't remain vapor ware for another 2-3 years. (The players of a brief Glorantha HQ1 game have asked me if it has shown up yet, since they heard me discussing it 2 years ago).

I may find HQ2 isn't a better fit.
I personally suspect it will be, but could be wrong.

If Otherworlds ever comes out, I would suggest you look at it, as it was inspired by HQ1 but seems to have kept more of the elements you liked in HQ1 than HQ2 did.
LC