Re: An actual example - L vs V

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:03:28 -0000

L C :

> And we have our first new term! "Climactic Scene Outcomes Table"?
> This
> is new, and sounds intriguing. Please to say more?

It's like the standard Extended Contest Outcomes Table (as per p.66 of HQ1), only with nastier outcomes for the victor. The intent is that you use it for really big scenes where it's not terribly important that the winner be in one piece afterwards - which would usually mean the final contest of a story. One could use it just to make combat more bloody, of course, if that was one's thing.

> >Luke would be using his main keyword ability "Jedi Apprentice"
> augmented with his "Father's Lightsabre."
>
> Seems straightforward enough. Mind you, I am a fan of Extended
> contests
> allowing for lots of different abilities coming to the for, so I
> wouldn't necessarily limit it to these two,

You would in HQ2 - you can only augment with one ability at a time.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/