Re: Re: An actual example - L vs V

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:17:21 -0400

ttrotsky2 wrote:

>> "Climactic Scene Outcomes Table"?

>It's like the standard Extended Contest Outcomes Table (as per p.66 of
HQ1), only with nastier outcomes for the victor.
>The intent is that you use it for really big scenes where it's not
terribly important that the winner be in one piece afterwards -
>which would usually mean the final contest of a story. One could use
it just to make combat more bloody, of course, if that was one's thing.

Interesting. Again, not sure it is something I like, I'd have to see it and play with it.

>You would in HQ2 - you can only augment with one ability at a time.

Ah, I was thinking more along using the same ability and augment for every exchange in an Extended Contest. (Or do Extended Contests now require committing to a single set of abilities throughout the contest?)

LC