Re: An actual example - L vs V

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 02:09:16 -0000

> And does this mean then that an extended contest could involve switching
> main abilities but only ever using the same augment?
> That seems... odd.

I would think (and I don't have the latest draft of the rules at all, and haven't checked the earlier draft I do have, so this may be rubbish) that when you switch abilities, you can switch augments, but not add them together

So if you are defending your true loves honour first verbally and then with swords then in HQ1 you might start out with "impassioned orator 17" augmented by "Love:true love 17" for a total of 19, then switch to "flashy swordsman 5W" augmented by "rippling muscles 1W" and "catlike grace 1W" and "love:true love 17" for a total of 13W in HQ2, when you changed skills you would have to chose just one augment to apply. If you chose the mechanical advantage over true love it would suggest that you are now actually more concerned with winning the fight than defendng her name...

(I might also allow unrelated actions to add a second augment during a contest if it seemed to make sense at the time.)