chaos feature competition - not quite open season

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 23:35:56 +0100

Hello all

I never had any real grasp of statistics. To celebrate this fact I have decided to open the voting on the chaos feature competition to anyone on these lists who wants it.

To help me do that, would anyone interested please send an email to me (off list on this email address) with 'yes' in the subject line? Put anything you want in the message text.

I will then add your email address to the list of allowed voters and you will be able to log in to the voting site, read the entries and vote.

The reason it's not a free-for-all is: the server I'm using for this is my company server and is not really meant to be a web server; it's beleaguered enough as it is so I have to control the numbers of people who have access. I hope people understand.

The voting site is at https://webmail.kelgray.co.uk/chaos you can visit that address right now and see a Wordle of all the chaos features entered. It is pretty amazing actually - even as a small piece of art.

If you get security certificate warnings etc when you visit, don't worry; this is just because the address has https in it. You can proceed with no risk. It's a private server with no web presence at all. I will be monitoring it too.

So, let me know if you want to vote. I will be more than happy to add you to the list.

(Is that better for you P?)

Cheers