Re: Re: How about a sample conversion to HQ2?

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:29:39 +1100

2009/4/3 David Dunham <david_at_...>:
> As opposed to spending their time getting the game published?

I think if the game is taking this long to come out then, yes, some assets assigned to expectations management would not go astray. Alternatively it is possible to find someone new to help share the burdens.

There are always resourcing reasons to avoid "best practice" in my opinion - sometimes you have to make hard decisions about were to allocate scarce resources. I think that overlooking client relations is a pretty dangerous path however.

> BTW, Greg Stafford posted on releasing HQ to the WorldofGlorantha
> mailing list recently. As he said: "Finally, have faith -- it is
> being done."

That's always good to hear, but honestly I don't have time for faith in gaming systems. I'm more likely to abandon things for a while and play something else. If my, and others, period of abandonment coincides with the release of the game this could make sales difficult.

--
John Machin