Re: HQ2: A Game for Beginners?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:45:10 -0400

Wow, and that was written in 1999.
As far as look, however, I think that's been dealt with all sorts of new games that don't follow the same pattern visually. Mouseguard, for instance, looks gorgeous, isn't 8x11, and uses only 6-sided dice. (It also has an interesting implementation of something similar to the HQ extended contest. Too bad the Burning Wheel core is really just all about obsessive tracking of math and tactical combat.) LC