Re: HeroQuest (2nd Ed) will be avaible this June!

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:27:55 -0700

So now's the time to wrap up those HQ1 campaigns. I consider HQ2 broadly compatible with HQ1 supplements, but not necessarily with HQ1 *player characters*. Especially if you're playing in Glorantha.

A big difference is that you won't need as many abilities. Frex, all the boilerplate of being an initiate (like Mythology and Soul Vision) is now handled as being part of your divine rune affinity (which is a keyword). And in the upcoming Sartar book, a lot of things end up under your cultural keyword, which for Heortlings is their clan. (In our Orlamarthing game, Hate Greydog Clan is simply part of the clan keyword and doesn't need to be separate.)

Plus we're recommending using the umbrella approach to keywords, which also means a lot less abilities on your sheet.

This is not to say that you couldn't convert your PCs, or perhaps keep playing them as is. But that often ends up making them different, which can be less satisfying. So my personal recommendation is to create new characters.

--

David Dunham