RE: Re: Misapplied Misapplied Worship Rules?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:14:32 +0100

Julian writes:

>> Yes it does. See HW p.166 -- "Secrets have different forms..."

> Your Interpretation May Vary.

It's bloody unlikely to, if you ever read the rules.

>> You are making an assumption about how two as-yet unpublished >> "special cases" might work. Why?

> Errrm ... to discuss the rules ??

I thought you were saying the rules were broken because they explicitly allowed mixing of magic systems. You then cited Secrets, Arkat and the God Learners as examples of how bad the rules are. Secrets say in black and white that they aren't different forms of magic, while Arkat and the God Learners aren't in the rules.

> No offense, but you can't tie good writing down, let alone 'rectify' it.

I was talking about rectifying sloppy writing or editing. Are you saying that nothing wrong can ever be made better? What a sad outlook.

> Try and understand it in your own terms; sure.
> Kill it by devising one right-thunk critical interpretation; no thanks!

Anyone who can misinterpret the paragraph on Secrets that I quoted must be working in a world of their own which the rest of us don't share. Good luck in there.

Cheers, Nick