Costly success

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 15:17:12 -0400

i'm moving this over from the World of Glorantha list.

This started in a post about initiation, but Robin mentioned this below.

Robin Laws says:
> If you can see that the character/player is so heavily
>invested in an action that he's going to keep trying until
>he succeeds, use of the Costly Success mechanic
>allows you to get to the same inevitable endpoint
>faster. In both cases, the question is not whether
>he'll succeed, but how hard it will be to do so.

Which I like. I'm glad to have that tool kit, but I guess the question I have now after reading this is whether or not this means that HQ2 has a "win/lose" resolution system and a "win but at what cost" resolution system, but no system that allows you to have all three possible results. (Win, win at cost, lose)

LC