Re: Re: Runes & personalities

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:45:18 +1000

2009/5/17 David Dunham david_at_...
> Most Heortling men have the Air rune, and this explains why they're
> more flighty and emotional than the women. Most Heortling women have
> the Earth rune -- they're more grounded and rational than the men.

I'm really curious about what "culturally-typifying runes" other cultures have. Do the Aeolians have the Air-for-Men, Earth-for-Women break-down too, or are they more about Law? Do Dara Happan Men have Fire, what do Dara Happan Women have (just Housework?). Does my Moon rune overwhelm my "cultural rune" or can I have Moon and Fire if I am a Dara Happan Yanafali convert? Can I have Moon and Storm (and to hell with canon!) if I am a Sartarite convert?

>> In a narrative game building a flawed character is like min-maxing in a
>> tactical game! You drama min-maxer you!
>
> Nice!
> IMO one way to create a flawed character is to have more than one
> elemental rune. This pretty much guarantees conflicting personality
> traits right off the bat.

Seems pretty neat actually. I am certain I could "model" a PC from my current game better now with an Earth-Moon-Mastery mix! I am also thinking a troubled young man with Air and Earth and <something else> might be a fun Sartarite to play.

--
John Machin