Re: Runes & personalities

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:06:40 -0000

> How the Death cults evolved during the early years is a fun topic for
> conjecture. The two probably fused or at least influenced each other
> over the years, although all right thinking carmanians reject the idea
> that their Humakt is tainted by Spolite influences. I also am not sure
> when or how the integration of Humakt into the Carmanian pantheon
> happened. IIRC Humakt was one of the Good Gods recognized as such
> during the lifetime of the Prophet. There was probably much
> heroquesting involved to prove/discover the links between Humakt and
> the Wise Lord. This would have been BEFORE the Spolites had an
> opportunity to influence the cult. The Spolite influence is likely to
> have happened during Surandar's reign (through his Spolite wife) or
> those of the Dark Shahs.

FWIW, the center of the Humakt cult in Northwest Peloria is in Anadikkiland, where Humakt crawled out of the Underworld bearing Death. There had been Spolite connections with this cult going back a long way. During the wars with the EWF, many Carmanian warlords patronized the Humakt cult, seeking to use its power against the EWF.

Jeff