Man Rune

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 20:44:40 +0100

David Dunham wrote:
> LC
>
>> why doesn't everyone start with the Man rune?

> Because that would be a boring game. (There aren't really any powers
> or personality traits associated with it.)

I've put some thought into what the Man Rune can be used for. My current thinking is that one of the things it represents is hands and tool use. Obviously, in the real world, all humanoids (primates) have hands and most (apes) use tools. In Glorantha, the non-human humanoids (Trolls, Dwarves, Elves, Mermen) also use tools (even the Elves, although they grow their tools).

If that is so, the Man Rune could be used for grasping and manipulating, and for fashioning or using tools.