Re: Man Rune

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:17:06 +0100

Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_...> writes:

>But the Man rune, like Animal, Spirit and Mineral, is a form rune. When you
>"ARE" a rune, you incorporate its truth in the world.
>In short, I don't think that the Man rune offers any ability, except that
>you exist. Form runes are tricky that way...

Or to put it another way - all Gloranthan humans have four runes, not three; and one of them is always the Man rune (until they die, at which point it is replaced by the Spirit rune). The Man rune grants them the power of Being Human, which is immensely important but also meaningless because every other human has it as well. Sound fair?

(That also accounts for races who "lost the Man rune" and became inhuman during prehistory.)

Stephen