Re: Carmanian Runes

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:11:46 -0400

We might be drifting too far over into World of Glorantha list at this point.
Maybe not.

I've been envisaging runic affiliation as something important and in-world. I thought part of the point was to make the runes more important in-world again.

That being the case, I've been thinking of the runes as the ones that people have become more attuned to, and so would be detectable. The more focused you are on your runes, the easier it is to detect them.

I'm not sure, btw, that children would have runes that are easily detectable. I think for the most part, that real connection to your runes is something formed at initation/adulthood.

Sure, some people are special and runes manifest early. (The Household of Death comes to mind.) But I would think this is rare, and viewed as strange, maybe even tragic.

LC

Kevin McDonald wrote