Re: Carmanian Runes

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 23:43:43 -0400

Mind you, that's the kind of thing I'm unclear on. Are Runes and how you interact with them something cultural, something tied to specialized magic (which is cross-cultural, but influenced by culture), or something else. When this started I thought Runes were something everyone had as part of the Gloanthan rule set of HQ. (Obviously, runes are not generic to HQ2.) Now I find the situation less clear. Again, seeing actual rules will help. I've got a little over a month.

LC

John Machin wrote:

Precisely, and the detailed articulation of each culture's approach to runes will probably take time to emerge. I'm imagining that a culture like the Carmanians which arises from a lot of conflicting, contradictory, impulses is likely to be quite interesting to hash out!