Re: Shaman Rules - Becoming a Shaman and Confronting the "Bad Man"

From: David <daveolloyd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:32:34 -0000

Hi!

I have always assumed that becoming a shaman was a form of learning a secret and didn't require a specfic game test (you either had a fetch or didn't). But then again, I never used the rules requiring prospective initiates, devotees, etc, to overcome a resistance. (I think there was an earlier discussion on one of these lists concerning how many people actually fail the test for initiation).

If you need a resistance, I would propose either 20W (by analogy with a devotee) or 10W3 (by analogy with a disciple, which has similar skill requirements, although I think that there should be more shamans than disciples).

Thanks,
David.

P.S. I apologize if this is my second post on this subject; it looked to me like my first message was swallowed by a mysterious computer malfunction.