Re: What Does a Rune-Magic Rating Represent?

From: Alexander Entelechy <alexanderentelechy_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:38:29 +0000 (GMT)

I’d say the numerical value of traits represents the players chance he’ll get his desired outcome when using that trait. It doesn’t show how powerful a trait is because I can still succeed at my task and yet fail to get the required outcome.

Example: My Humakt has the death rune at 13 and wants to kill the true dragon before him, his goal is to stop the chaos horde from advancing by a display of his awesome power.

I roll and fail. My death rune might still kill the true dragon, but that doesn’t stop the chaos horde advancing. So I failed to get what I ‘the player’ wanted.