Re: [HeroQuest-rules]What Does a Rune-Magic Rating Represent?

From: Alexander Entelechy <alexanderentelechy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 02:26:19 +0000 (GMT)

The true dragon thing seems aesthetically questionable yeah. I find myself disagreeing with your statement about ability ratings though. To one example from actual play.

I have a Humakt initiate (yeah yeah) in one game and I gave him two distinct but similar abilities. Merciless killer and Orlanthi warrior. The merciless killer is at 4W and the Orlanthi warrior is at 13. Now the very fact that this ability is so low is vital to my character. Every fight I have an option, most likely win and do so in a horrific way, or fight and maybe loose.

Often the things you’re successful at and the things you value conflict.