Re: What Does a Rune-Magic Rating Represent?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:34:20 -0700

Alexander

>I have a Humakt initiate (yeah yeah) in one game and I gave him two
>distinct but similar abilities.
>Merciless killer and Orlanthi warrior. The merciless killer is at 4W
>and the Orlanthi warrior is at 13. Now the very fact that this
>ability is so low is vital to my character. Every fight I have an
>option, most likely win and do so in a horrific way, or fight and
>maybe loose.

What a great character!

Likely he'd also get a bonus for using Merciless Killer rather than Warrior, since it's a more specific ability. (While we're on the topic of rune magic ratings: affinities are keywords, so they're always very broad abilities when you're comparing for purposes of determining specific ability bonuses.)

--

David Dunham