Re: RE: [Is HQ2 Difficult?]

From: Robin Laws Mail List Only <tjaderoo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 17:17:37 -0400

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Alexander Entelechy<alexanderentelechy_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Really well put Luke. There’s a worse conversation though.

The GM in your sample dialogue could use some tips to prevent his players from completely rolling him.

> Player: So I can do anything.

GM: You can solve problems with the abilities you've chosen. Sometimes you'll succeed, other times you'll fail.

> Player: I blow up the moon with my hairdressing skill

GM: Seems implausible. How would that work, exactly?

---

Even when the player proposes to do something
nonsensical, "you can't do that" is never an ideal
response; it stops the flow. By keeping the
exchange going, the GM and player can work
together to find something the character wants
to do that does feel credible and appropriate to
the type of story at hand.

Take care >>> Robin