RE: Re: Is HQ2 Difficult?

From: DreadDomain <dreaddomain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 20:21:35 -0400

-----Message d'origine-----
De : David Dunham
Envoyé : 4 juin 2009 11:29
À : HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com
Objet : Re: Is HQ2 Difficult?

>HeroQuest is exceptionally easy to run. (Just as one example, ALL of
>a GM's preparation time focuses on story, not statistics.)

All true but I'd like to point out that this isn't exclusive to HQ or any game for that matter. I for one GM GURPS 4th and 99% of my prep time is on story and background. Statting a NPC in GURPS (or any game I guess) is just a matter of choosing a few numbers and voilà! Even if prep time in HQ was 100% on story and background it would not be a significative gain IMHO.

In my experienced, it is also untrue to say that simulationist games lend to rule oriented games and narrativist one lead to story oriented games. Again, my GURPS games are heavily story oriented, even combat. And yes, we are using the rules as is with even options on top of it (like GURPS Martial Arts).

Anyway, just saying.

DD