Re: Re: [Is HQ2 Difficult?]

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 20:42:04 -0400

Kevin McDonald wrote:

>Many of the questions posed about how a novice Glorantha narrator
>is supposed to know what is "typical", or "credible" seem to imply,
>at least to me, an element of simulation that HeroQuest isn't really
focused on.

>For example, you could give a novice narrator a copy of HeroQuest 2
>and tell her "Glorantha is a magical fantasy world where each society
>has its own myths and legends defining what is good and evil and
>providing magic unique to that religion." That Narrator and her game
>group could then run a perfectly grand game.

Sure, but then I've never found that part of things the real difficulty in running HQ.
Of course, I mostly didn't run HQ 1 in Glorantha, so that's neither here nor there.

HQ 1 though, was built around Glorantha. As I said, HQ2 isn't about Glorantha and
so any things about grokking Glorantha aren't an issue in terms of how easy HQ2 in and
of itself is run.

I think a bigger deal is the whole aspect of whether the dice tell you "what happened" in a given situation.
HQ2 goes about this in a different way (I suspect) than many people are used to.

LC