Re: One True List

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 10:01:48 -0400

Julian Lord wrote:

> To add something a little cooler to the 2 lists debate :
>
> Yeah, Jeff, it's true : the newbies need their Hero Wars/Glorantha List. And
> HeroWars_at_eGroups seems to fill that slot quite neatly : so good luck with it !

Thanks. My reply eariler was probably a bit harsh. But I confess to getting a whole slew of 'we don't need another list' posts similtaneously. My bad.

> But (not to speak of the GD which has its well-established niche in the scheme
> of things), I think that the current Rules/Glorantha partition of the eGroups
> doesn't really fulfill the needs of the 'oldbies'. Specifically, I think that a
> HW Discussion group is needed where OOP material, speculations, 'how it all
> works', etc. can be discussed (hopefully, not to the excruciatingly detailed
> level of the GD !), within the framework of the HW game. So, a forum that might
> be half-way between the GD & HW lists.

We'll see how ti works out. HeroWars is sort of turning into a 'define fiddly bits of Glorantha without resorting to esoterica' kind of list. Hopefully, newcomers won't be inundated with minutae or references to material they do not have access too.

> This, to my mind, should be the purpose of the hw-rules list.
>
> cheers,
>
> Julian Lord

I think Steve will probably step in here and mention what the purpose of the two lists are.

Jeff