Re: Looking for an unusual kind of game.

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 08:21:06 -0700

Chris

>I think HQ2 might be a great tool for contemporary roleplaying. If
>anyone knows of such a game or has any interest please drop me a
>line.

Sounds cool! Our contemporary game only ran two sessions (by design), but worked well. Here's my character (with names compressed, 99 words):

Edgar "Edge" Case graduated from MIT with a degree in mathematics (specializing in Quantum Irrational Number Theory and Post Euclidean Geometry). He joined several failed Route 128 startups before landing at Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. There he analyzes population trends - a job he hates. Edge rides a Ducati 1098R, and has an impressive number of unpaid speeding tickets. He's in the Elliott Bayters theatre company, where he sometimes shows off his fencing skills, and with whom he parties until dawn. Impeccably dressed, he also sports tattoos of several equations and a Moon Rock Earring. Edge is afraid of heights and has an aversion to computers, instead scribbling in Moleskine notebooks with an antique fountain pen.

IIRC, we treated Mathematician as a broad ability rather than a keyword (i.e. like many contemporary games, no keywords at all).

--

David Dunham