Re: Re: Looking for an unusual kind of game.

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:28:22 -0700

Chris

>Here is my first attempt at a modern day character. I am afraid
>that by nature I struggle for your brevity.

I was specifically shooting for the HQ 100 word limit, and I think that's a good goal for use in a game -- there's about 20 ratable abilities for Edge. More than that and not only is the sheet unwieldy, but you don't have the opportunity to use most of them in play.

One way to pare things down is to delete backstory from your character writeup. I know some people find it helpful, but for the writeup, use the "show, don't tell" principle. Is "Lyonnaise Mother" something that could be used in game? Potentially (Ko has relatives there), so include it. Is "Mother was captured in Greek Isles?" I can't easily see how -- you'd have to tell people about it rather than acting on it. So don't include that.

--

David Dunham