Re: Re: Looking for an unusual kind of game.

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 17:53:29 +1000

2009/8/4 Paul King <paul_at_...>:
> There are a few copies of the pre-release version out there.

No good for me, I live in the wrong hemisphere to regularly attend conventions. :(

> Elmal has an "Anatyr the Chieftain" subcult, but it uses the Truth Rune.

Elmal "refused the crown" IIRC, but there is some stuff about him actually taking it while Orlanth was away in the Great Darkness. I figure that Elmali-dominated clans might have Mastery-derived leadership powers and if there was Elmali tribal kingship rites there is presumably a Mastery-derived cult somewhere?

If not I just made one up to fit My Gloranthan version of the Runegate Triaty. (if someone wants to send me copies of out of print materials proving me utterly wrong I can supply an address...).

> Most subcults have a single Rune, which is one of those of the God.  A
> quick glance found no exceptions outside of the Orlanth writeup (so
> that may change before final publication - one way or the other).
> Orlanth has two subcults with a Rune that Orlanth does not possess -
> Heler (Water)  and Niskis (Fertility).

Poor old Heler is just a sock puppet for Orlanth now? :( That subcult approach seems pretty boring I have to say. I'd need to have a look at the write-ups to make a fair judgement though?

--
John Machin