Re: Looking for an unusual kind of game.

From: Christopher Graves <chrphrgrv_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 04:21:49 -0000

David,

I'm working several projects at once so I have only read a portion of what I need to before I respond. I did read the portion about Glorantha and magic yesterday. As my experience with RPGs is pretty much only in this arena I thought it might help me assimilate the other chapters.

One point I would like to make: The game I had originally suggested was supposed to be prior to any kind of singularity. After the singularity would be interesting too, but honestly that would be pretty much anything goes. I think it would be very interesting to attempt a contemporary game that deals with the problems, motivations, delusions, etc. leading up to such a potentially huge change. Therefore, I feel the skill set I gave my character is apropos.

In a couple more days I should have a meaningful rewrite and be in a position to repond to the other posts.

Once again, it would be great if we ran into someone here who feels themselves qualified to run such a game. I suppose to some extent such a game could also be collaborative. Is that what convention goers refer to as free form?