Re: chargen questions about mixed & common magic

From: pavyr <nick.the.nevermet_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 01:30:56 -0000

I totally forgot that existed at all, or never knew in the first place. I found a copy of the preview pretty quickly through Google though (not on glorantha.com though- my apologies if this isn't kosher).

Anyhow, yes, that answers a lot of my questions. Based on that, I guess common magic is attached to one's cultural keyword, rather than a magic keyword in an of itself.

> As you can see, Natural Magic was listed, so I suppose they exist
> in some form.

Yes. Not that I really understood what they were in HQ1, so I still have a chance to wrap my head around it.

As for other impressions reading that, it's interesting how clans are not the starting point for cultural keywords, not homeland. That makes sense, though, seeing how you basically had clan subcategories of the Heortling keyword in HQ1 (and specific cities for the Trader Princes, etc, etc, etc). I also like that cultural keyword, runes, & non-theist magic no longer count toward the 100-word limit of the prose method.