Re: chargen questions about mixed & common magic

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 05:55:59 -0000

> I totally forgot that existed at all, or never knew in the first place. I found a copy of the preview pretty quickly through Google though (not on glorantha.com though- my apologies if this isn't kosher).

FWIW, we took down the old Sartar Tentacles version preview now that the final Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes (SKH) is in layout. There will be a new preview up soon.

> Anyhow, yes, that answers a lot of my questions. Based on that, I guess common magic is attached to one's cultural keyword, rather than a magic keyword in an of itself.

"Common magic" as described in HQ1 is gone and replaced by non-specialized use of rune affinities, spirit magic or wizardry.

> > As you can see, Natural Magic was listed, so I suppose they exist
> > in some form.
>
> Yes. Not that I really understood what they were in HQ1, so I still have a chance to wrap my head around it.

Natural magic is a catch-all for any personal magical abilities that operate outside of spirit magic, divine rune affinities, or wizardry.

Jeff