RE: Hi, I'm new here...

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:48:36 +0100

Welcome, Nikodemus!

Matthew
(sent from my mobile)

-----Original Message-----
From: nikodemus.siivola <nikodemus_at_...> Sent: 29 September 2009 20:47
To: HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Hi, I'm new here...

The welcome message asked for an introductory post. Here goes.

I've been playing and running RPG's for over 20 years. I've favored rules-light systems for the decade or so: ever since I ran into Fudge and OTE I've been using them to run pretty much everything. ...except for the past couple of years, when I started dabbling with HQ1. I ran a short-lived Earthdawn campaign using it -- which went nicely, and I started using HQ in other games as well.

Currently I'm running two HQ2 games: Teenage Fairies Exiled From Arcadia to Al-Amarja, and Adventures of the Royal Society of Archeology (Indiana Jones meets Victorian Fantasy.) HQ has been a very good match for both so far, and though I use Simple Contests pretty much exclusively, I find many features of HQ2 invaluable. Characters-are-the-benchmark in particular is golden