Re: Contest Questions

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 20:22:41 -0400

Alexander Entelechy wrote:

>By the rules, extended contests have one prize, you can't change prize
during them.

That is my reading as well, yes.

>Otherwise the game would work in a similar way to The Shadow of
Yesteryear and that is a pretty good escalation mechanic.

I've never actually gotten a look at TSoY, could you say more? How would it work like that?

>Only in HQ2 penalties are actually given out until the end of the
extended contest so the carrot/stick aspect of the extended contest isn't there.

Is there a word missing in this sentence? I am confused as to the meaning.

>If you applied penalities as they happened and allowed changing intent
before each part of the contest you would have a pretty awesome escalation mechanic though.

Could you say more/give an example?

LC