Re: Re: Contest Questions

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 19:50:31 +0000 (GMT)

Nikodemus he say:

"In which case I'd make it a contest between Adam's Mugging and Bruno's Assess Threat -- or whatever. Unless you're throwing around magical mojo, I don't consider a conflict that forces the another PC to make a choice one way or another valid (unless Bruno's player wants the system to choose for him) -- against an NPC not an issue, though."

I'm a bit confused by this. Why not?

You seem to be saying that it's okay for one player's character to do something to another that results in physical consequences (i.e. mug him) but not do something that results in social consequences (i.e. intimidate the cash out of him)?

Players always have choices about what their characters do, but those choices are focussed through the abilities they choose to stick on their character sheets and how they apply them to conflicts. If you're playing in a game which relies on player characters conflicting with each other you're going to have situations where things happen to your character that might seem detrimental at the time.

Cheers,

Ash