Re: Killing somebody in extended contest

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 15:22:04 -0700

Robin

>Either way seems to be extremly unlikely, why I guess I am doing
>something wrong. Can anybody help me out?

I think what you're doing wrong is assuming the game system wants you to kill people.

But Nikodemus gave a good summary of how it can happen. In particular, the climactic consequences are intended to be more serious.

It depends on the conventions of the genre, but in our games, if someone is taken out of action, it seldom matters how badly hurt they are. (Unless it's a PC who is going to want to act again this session.) You have defeated them and they can no longer act against you.

--

David Dunham