Re: Killing somebody in extended contest

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:33:25 -0700

Robin Mitra

>Of course I didnt want to kill people right away. But I must admit I
>do like the idea of giving my players the impression that their
>characters' lives are sometimes in danger. It works best for me when
>both scene and rules agree that the outcome can be deadly.

Don't forget that in many cases, losing the contest means you are unable to act -- certainly if you are Dying you're not doing much!

And the context could actually make this WORSE than death (e.g. if you're in a fight with the vile Vadeli in a Gloranthan game). The rules can't provide context to the contest -- that's up to you.

--

David Dunham