Re: Character creation question

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:19:01 -0700

>Now, using the select 10 abilities method of character creation, one
>of my players picks the keyword "Rebel Soldier". Does the player
>get the 4 abilities under "Rebel Soldier" and gets to pick 10 other
>abilities, or are the four abilities that come from "Rebel Soldier"
>count in the 10 ability limit?

The idea is that you can detail keywords or not. So the specifics of the keyword (if any) are ignored until they matter. And they'd matter only when you start assigning abilities. Then you'll decide if an ability is part of the keyword or not (frex, "Rebel Contacts on Coruscant" would logically go there, even if it wasn't part of the template).

>If you are using HQ2, it specifically states that all keywords are free,
>separate from the 10 abilities. (p.16)

Not exactly. You get an expertise keyword (in fact, you really should have one). If your game wants everyone to have a culture or religion keyword, you get those for free. But if you want to be a Bounty Hunter AND an Imperial Archivist, you'd have to count the second keyword against your additional abilities (or write it up as part of your 100 words).

--

David Dunham