Re: Re: Character creation question

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:30:32 +1100

Hi there, just leveraging my oar in! :)

We use the umbrella method of dealing with Keywords and allow people to pretty freely define their Occupation/Expertise Keyword.

So we have stuff like:
Two-Fisted Missionary
Dream-thief

Whereas in HQ1 we had people with:
Missionary AND Warrior (Two-Fisted Missionary) Magician AND Burglar (Dream-thief)

I really like the umbrella method since it doesn't need massaging to accommodate some of the "out-there" fields of Expertise people can come up with... like, say, "Outlaw Jedi Archivist" which might need two (or more!) keywords in a more prescriptive descriptive framework.

--
John Machin