Re: Re: Mastery; Arkat; missile combat; etc.

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 12:53:58 -0400

> > Nice list. Shame about 'Combat' (or rather "the 'Combat's"), though
>
> I think we've gone over this before, but I don't see anything wrong
> with a Combat affinity. It's magic that lets you fold, spindle, or
> mutilate people. Why not give all such magic the same name?
>
> David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>
> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

One bennie for having a similar name is that if you have a lot of sub-cults or related deities, one can get a bonus by having affinties that map over.

Vinga (Combat, Movement, Protection) and Orlanth A (Air, Combat, Movement) are good examples of such synergy. Yeah, I'm letting our Vingan devotee be an Orlanth A initiate. =P

Jeff