Re: Hurts and bumping contests

From: Aescleal &#92;(Ashley Munday&#92;) <"Aescleal>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:47:10 -0000

The rules already give a mastery bonus for attempting a pyrrhic victory. If you go for one of those the best you're going to come off is "impaired" so your idea is a lot more forgiving.

Another way to simulate a "running out of resources" story is to have more contests and don't expect the adventurers to win every one of them. Using the pass/fail cycle can end up with a tension between penalties of failure and rewards of success that works quite well in my experience.

Cheers,

Ash